Friday, July 12, 2013

What Makes a Slum Lord?

So The Husband finished everything he could do yesterday with the foam bubbles, patching the wall, letting it all dry. This morning, Jose was supposed to come back with the materials to cover the wall -- ie sheetrock, tape, some other stuff I don't know what it is. He never showed, never returned any calls. You might know why. Because "I have 13 buildings and they all have problems."

So I do feel bad for Jose (who is a Buddhist by the way). This is a horrible job where everybody is yelling at you because these 100 year old buildings are falling apart. Boilers breaking, rats swimming in puddles, refrigerators broken in 90 degree heat, who knows what else.

It's not his fault, it's the fault of the owners - and now we come to the point of why I started this blog - Jared Kushner and his Posse, who are quickly earning the title of Slum Lords by the way they are managing these buildings. One super for 13 buildings? Slum Lord. Don't answer the phones? Slum Lord. Make promises that you have no intention to keep? Slum Lord. Rats in the garbage? Slum Lord (ok maybe even regular landlord buildings have rats in New York, I admit to that). No electricity for 3 weeks (my neighbor)? Slum Lord. Refrigerator broken (I know of two in Westminster buildings right now that aren't replaced)? Slum Lord.

And this list is only what I know. There are more problems out there, I'm confident of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment