Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Jose? Are You There?

So today I realize how long it takes to get a case through housing court. I compose and certify mail the letter to Jared to document that he has been informed about The Smell and a possible remedy. I cite the Warranty of Habitability and cc local officials who I think have the Kushner empire on their radar. I also try to call back the Dept of Health who has followed up on my 311 call, but after leaving 4 messages, still nothing from them. I'm wondering if there is only one call back to a 311 complaint and now I have to refile to get a human? Not sure.

By the end of the day, I've had no chance to follow up about Jose because it was a crazy, busy work day. The Husband has not done anything about this either, for no apparent reason other than causing us to have another fight about this. But Jared is still in the office when I return this evening. Ha ha, he works right here, he can't really avoid me, can he.

I go inside, and he greets me in a very friendly way. He asks how I am and tell him, "Bad, I'm smoked out of my bedroom and your guy never showed." He was a little surprised by my new change of attitude. Had Jose shown up I think I would have been less pissed off.

"What guy?" he asks.

"Your guy, Jose."

He nods and calls Jose, makes an appointment for 9am tomorrow. Also informs me that Jose is now our super. The super who came to "look" at the smell has vanished over the past few minutes it seems and has been replaced. Unless it was Jose who came to "look" at the smell and we didn't know it. I can't actually remember what the last super looked like, he was like a ghost. If that was Jose, then we are in for some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment