Tuesday, July 16, 2013

New Sheetrock

Day two of the Sheetrock project is almost done. Day one consisted of Jose delivering 1 1/2 piece of Sheetrock with damaged corners. Day two he delivered the last sheet. My aged husband carried it up the stairs noting that jobs like this make it clear that he no longer has the strength of a young man. He used to be able to carry a lot more at once, but this time he had to cut the Sheetrock in half and make two trips. According to him, ex-construction worker and painter, the absolute worst job ever is carrying Sheetrock. I think I mentioned this before, but will repeat it again, because if I have to keep hearing it, so do you.  


2 comments:

  1. They don't call it "shitrock" for nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the wall i took down in my living room one p.m., which took me an hour of hard swings with a hammer and given the wall is plaster pre-war, i was surprised at how quickly i pounded it down. I like the look of what is left of the wall. Totally cool look with a kick ass mesh built as a weave by a goliath machine i suppose and meant to last. So perhaps cement is my best bet for wall re-upping and already i am aware of not requesting advice from anyone as in, "What do you think about me cementing up a wall?" First thing the construction guys or most men, i believe, respond with is anything other than digging my cement idea. I laugh and toss it back their way ever so more abrasive in being correct, with the idea. Plaster of Paris and etc is susceptible to infrared light's hidden secret which is, 'You no longer have privacy...' I no longer recall all the tricks of the trade via my magnificent youth as sidekick to my grandfather but i am all about the cement.

    ReplyDelete